Sunday, September 8, 2013
Callie - Four Months Old
What fun we are having with our little Callie Girl! She is getting so big! At her four month check up she weighed 16 pounds, 8 ounces (95%), and was 26 1/2 inches long (95%).
She now sleeps on her side, all laid out in a "C", just like her mommy. She has mastered the art of grabbing her paci and pulling it out of her mouth, which pisses her off to no end! We go in numerous times a night, because that "other, mean baby" keeps taking her paci from her. :-)
She has rolled over once that I've seen, and is nearly sitting up on her own. She loves to play in her Jumparoo, this week finally learning how to jump. She is starting to grab anything and everything and pull it into her mouth. Today she starting trying to get her feet in there. I'm sure she'll have it worked out by week's end!
We're eating baby food with our evening bottle now. Green beans, carrots and squash have all been hits so far. We're still adding oatmeal cereal to all her bottles to help with the reflux.
Callie is the happiest little baby. She lights up when anyone talks to her. The only time she really cries is if she's hungry or tired. Or sick. This weekend she's had a low grade fever so when the Tylenol wears off, she gets a little grumpy. Otherwise she's laughing and smiling all the time. I took advantage of her not feeling well to stay home with her and snuggle. I let her sleep in my arms, whispering sweet mommy love to her. I also sang my favorite Callie song to her, "Wagon Wheel" by Darius Rucker. She always calms down when I sing that song!
She loves playing with Mia. Today we were giving her airplane rides on my legs while Mia gave her kisses. Yesterday Mia played library with Callie, letting her pick out four books to take home. :-) They are so precious together and I whisper to Callie all the time that she was worth every moment of struggle I ever had to get her here. She and Mia are the most amazing gifts I've ever gotten. I just can't say that enough. I'm crazy about those girls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment