Friday, October 11, 2013

Callie - Six Months Old

Words can’t begin to express how in love I am with my little Callie. Her infectious smile lights up the whole room, and Mia, her daddy and I can’t get enough of her. Our little baby turned six months old yesterday. I can’t believe how quickly she’s growing up. It’s been a blur, there has been so much going on. I’ve had to travel a lot with my new job, and I feel like each time I come home, she’s even more alert and has changed significantly in just a day or two. • Callie’s now sitting up very well. She loves to play with her “stage” toy, which has a mirror, music and buttons for her to push. She smiles a lot at the pretty baby she sees there. • She’s eating baby food such as carrots, squash, green beans, prunes and mixed vegetables, and tries to take the spoon from me to feed herself during dinner. • She is really doing well picking up objects (particularly her paci) and getting them to her mouth. The other day she picked up her paci with one hand and realized she had picked it up on the side that should go into her mouth. So she switched it to her other hand so she could pop it in. So advanced!! • Callie loves her feet, and they are constantly in her hands. She tries to put them in her mouth but her chubby baby legs won’t let her get them up that high. She isn’t daunted by it though, and just smiles and waves her arms and legs up and down in happiness. • She’s also ticklish under her arms. Her little baby laughs fill the house when I hit the right spot! • She’ll stand for a couple seconds at a time holding onto furniture. She loves her jumparoo, and I think that’s really strengthened her legs. • She’s making many more noises now. It sounds like she’s saying “hi”. But her favorite is still to blow spit bubbles. She does that ALL THE TIME!  • She’s sleeping very well lately, only waking up once at night, around 2. We put her paci back in her mouth and she goes right back to sleep, not waking up again until 6:30 or 7:00. She is such a happy girl, smiling and laughing all the time. She and Mia are nuts about each other. Mia reads to her, plays with her, tickles her, sings to her, and the other day, even played school with her. Callie is captivated by Mia and just hangs on to everything she says. I think Callie may be a Daddy’s girl. She absolutely lights up when she hears Mike’s voice. I am trying not to get my feelings hurt by it. I think about all the years I spent struggling to have her, and everything I put myself through physically and emotionally just to bring her into the world, and I’m just so grateful we have her at all. But Mia was such a Mommy’s girl that it’s noticeable Callie prefers Mike. It’s a new experience for me. Regardless, I am captivated by her, and find myself just staring at her in awe. She is beautiful, healthy and happy, and I just can’t get enough of hugging and loving on her. She’s a blessing to our family and my world now feels complete with her in it.

No comments: