Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Oh What a Night!

Miss Mia DID NOT sleep well last night. She was up at 10:00. Then again at 11:30. Then at 12:15. Then at 1:45. And that time, when I walked in, she was standing up, excitedly bouncing up and down, happy to see Mommy and Daddy came to play with her. Mike picked her up to put her in bed with us, because that would allow us to go back to sleep. Fitful sleep, because that girl sprawls all over the bed, but sleep nonetheless. But I said no. I'm not about to start putting her in bed with us every time she has a rough night. At this point we're already doing that when she wakes up early, especially on weekends. I'm not going to start doing it at night also, then have her in my bed full time by the time she's 2. Mama needs rest (not to mention Daddy time), and my bed just isn't big enough for 3. 

So I started the process of laying her down, giving her the paci, having her roll over, push up to standing, then cry until I picked her up. We did that for about 15 minutes, when I had enough. I let her stand there, but I opted to sit in the glider next to her bed. Once she realized I wasn't leaving, she sat down and started to play with her doll. For the next hour and a half I sat there, watching her play. If I tried to leave she had a melt-down. Not the kind where she'd cry for 10 minutes and then fall asleep. I know the difference by now. This was an "I want to play and I want you here with me" situation. Don't know why she was so wide awake in the middle of the night, but she was.

Finally at about 4:00 she fell asleep. That was it for the night, but it was exhausting. She was so tired by the time bedtime rolled around tonight. I sure hope we don't have a repeat. 

2 comments:

USAIDAddress Unknown said...

They are really starting to test us all at this age, aren't they? And it ain't easy!

Missy said...

Hang in there girl.