My baby girl is growing up! Mia started transitioning to her new room at daycare yesterday. She was there for one hour yesterday, two hours today. She is now sleeping on a cot at nap time instead of in a crib. Today she was there long enough to have art class. When opened her drawer this afternoon, I found her first piece of artwork - a coloring book picture of a leprechaun hat onto which she had glued pieces of green tissue paper. It took me so much by surprise that my eyes filled with tears. How could my baby already be at the point where she can produce artwork, no matter how much help she had? As I stood there trying to picture my little baby Mia sitting at a toddler table doing art, she came walking down the hall from another classroom. Seeing her walking so steadily and with such confidence made my heart race even more. My little baby is almost gone! In her place is this toothy, self-assured toddler. Believe me, I am crazy about this little girl. She gets more and more fun every day, and I love watching her personality and skills develop so quickly. But I also realize that these years will fly by, and I must treasure every single day with her. So the milestones mean that much more to me, and I take the time to allow my heart to feel the significance of every moment, even if they bring a little sadness with all the joy.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Picasso in the making
My baby girl is growing up! Mia started transitioning to her new room at daycare yesterday. She was there for one hour yesterday, two hours today. She is now sleeping on a cot at nap time instead of in a crib. Today she was there long enough to have art class. When opened her drawer this afternoon, I found her first piece of artwork - a coloring book picture of a leprechaun hat onto which she had glued pieces of green tissue paper. It took me so much by surprise that my eyes filled with tears. How could my baby already be at the point where she can produce artwork, no matter how much help she had? As I stood there trying to picture my little baby Mia sitting at a toddler table doing art, she came walking down the hall from another classroom. Seeing her walking so steadily and with such confidence made my heart race even more. My little baby is almost gone! In her place is this toothy, self-assured toddler. Believe me, I am crazy about this little girl. She gets more and more fun every day, and I love watching her personality and skills develop so quickly. But I also realize that these years will fly by, and I must treasure every single day with her. So the milestones mean that much more to me, and I take the time to allow my heart to feel the significance of every moment, even if they bring a little sadness with all the joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
B E A U T I F U L!!!
Post a Comment