Sunday, May 11, 2008
Mia's first vomit
Last Wednesday Mia was sick for the first time. Mike and I had trouble burping her all morning, but other than that she didn't appear to be feeling badly. Then, all of a sudden, she began vomiting. It was awful. At first I just thought she'd spit up, because I didn't hear her. Then it kept coming, and she was gagging just like adults do. It scared the crap out of me because there was so much of it that it was pooling around her mouth and nose. I grabbed her, quickly using her blanket and my shirt to wipe her off. She continued retching so I ran to the bathroom and held her over the sink. All I kept saying was, "You're okay. Mommy's got you." I said that over and over, as I prayed she really was okay. When she stopped I just cuddled her as she cried. When she finally calmed down I went to change her clothes in her room and she started gagging again. I got her to the sink just in time for her to be sick again. It was just awful watching her little 12 pound body writhe in pain. After that we sat for awhile to be sure it was all gone. It wasn't. She was sick one last time. There really wasn't much left to that one, so afterward I cleaned and changed her. I called the doctor and they had us come in within the hour. The doctor said she must have been exposed to a bug, and we basically just needed to monitor her. She didn't have a fever and we fed her before we left the office so the doctor could see how she reacted. But all was well. We took her home and she did just fine the rest of the night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment