Wednesday, May 7, 2008

11 Weeks Old

Miss Mia continues to wrap our hearts around her little finger. Mike and I will do just about anything to elicit a smile from her. We talk to her, make goofy faces, do weird things with our tongues, sing to her, tickle her...we will do anything to make our girl happy! Mia's latest feats include trying to mimic us when we "motorboat" with our mouths. She's taken to blowing spit bubbles, so the motorboat is not a stretch from that. I've also been putting her feet in her hands to teach her that they're hers and are attached to her body. On Monday she grabbed one of her feet on her own. Maybe it was a fluke, but I was excited nonetheless! 

Yesterday our leadership team at work had an all-day retreat. I thought it wise of me to attend, so I was away from Mia all day. Mike spent the day with her and he reported that she laughed while I was gone! I was so disappointed to have missed it. I am struggling so much with going back to work for just that reason. I don't want to miss all her "firsts". I want to be there for all of them, not hearing about them from someone else. It just really sucks. I do enjoy my job and my co-workers, but Mia has my heart. I'd rather be with her any day.

When I go back to work on Monday, Mike will become Mr. Mom. He will keep her through the end of May and we'll start daycare June 2. At least I won't have to deal with the double stress on Monday of going back to work and leaving her at a strange place. 

I wish I had a picture of our girl on her 11 week birthday, but who knows when we'll get another camera. We're trying to locate our warranty on the one I broke so we can try to get it fixed. In the meantime I'm going nuts not being able to capture all her cute moments. 

No comments: