Monday, May 5, 2008

Derby Weekend





We had a busy weekend, starting last Thursday when we went to Cincinnati. Mike, Freddy, Mia and I had lunch at our favorite German restaurant with SP, Missy and Cara. Then we went to Ike@, where Missy and I acted like children while our babies slept in their strollers. 

On Friday Mike and I celebrated our 5-year anniversary! I can't believe it's already been 5 years since Jenn introduced us at Willow Lake, "This is Mike. He has asthma." For our anniversary, Mike gave me two cards and a beautiful necklace and earrings that went perfectly with my Oaks outfit. That morning, we went to an Oaks brunch with Jenn and Freddy while Mia spent the day with Mamaw Carol. The brunch was fun and the day started off well, but went downhill very rapidly once the rain set in. Mike and I ended up catching a ride home with Matt...in his jeep with the sides off! We were completely soaked, but that didn't stop us from stopping by the Gatti's buffet and chowing down! The most unfortunate event of the day was that I dropped and broke our camera. I'm not sure if it can be fixed, but you know I've been using that camera almost daily since Mia was born. We'll need to fix that quickly!

On Saturday we attended a Derby brunch at the Rexroats', then picked up Mia. We went to Jenn and Freddy's neighbors' for the afternoon, then came home and crashed. Yesterday we cleaned house and grilled out.

No comments: