On Friday we finalized the loan paperwork for Moda. That evening we celebrated with Jennifer and Freddy and their kids at a pizza place. Afterward Margo and Grant had us over for some adult beverages. We sat outside drinking and enjoying the weather. It was a great night and Mike and I will never forget it!
The following day we were very hung over and did not accomplish much of anything until late in the day. I went to the mall and finalized my Oaks outfit. Mamaw and Papaw Robbins stopped by to see Mia and brought ribs with them. Yummy!
On Sunday I took Mia to brunch with the Wilsons. We went to see Marsha and Cathy's new place in the Highlands and it turns out their backyard looks straight into the back of Matt's apartment. What a coincidence! We hung out for quite awhile and it completely reminded me of when I was a kid and Grandma and Grandpa would cook Sunday dinner and we'd all hang out together. It made me realize how much I miss them but how happy I am that we have such a close family. I know Mia will grow up knowing the love, fun and security that comes from having such a large, happy family.
After we left Marsha's we hung out with Nana and Pawpaw Wilson, then went to watch Emie play softball. Unfortunately Emie hurt her hand and had to leave the game early to go to the urgent care center. Dad told me later that she chipped a bone in her hand. My heart was breaking for her. Her parents are going through a divorce right now, such a traumatic time for a child on its own. Now she's got to deal with this too. Please keep her and Sam in your thoughts and prayers. They are such sweet, good kids.
Mia and I finished up our Sunday by a visit to Granny Hollkamp. Mom was putting together her Oaks and Derby outfits and wanted me to take a look. All I have to say is she looked HOT! I told her I wanted to wear the outfits she bought! We had a very nice mommy/daughter visit. Mom and I have always been close, but I have felt even closer to her now that I'm a mom. I told her that I look at Mia and I have so many overwhelming feelings of love for her. I said that it's even sweeter to me because I know that she looked at me that way when I was a baby and she had all those feelings for me that I have for Mia now. Of course she laughed and said she didn't look at me like that until after I was 3 months old (I had colic until then!).
It is making me sad to realize I only have two weeks left before I go back to work. Kim asked me today if I really didn't want to go back, because she would miss the adult conversation. I agree that I'd miss the conversation, but I can honestly say that I truly enjoy just hanging out with Mia all day. I love talking to her, playing with her, singing to her, and watching all the new things she does. Maybe at some point I'd get bored with it or I'd need more, but I'm definitely not there yet. My sticking point would be my ego. I get so much of my identity from my job. I'm very proud of what I do and how far I've worked my way up since I've been out of the military. I'm not sure I could give that up, or if I did, what that would do to my self-esteem. But who knows what the future will bring. I told Mike and Freddy that I want to look into web design and start managing Moda's e-business. If that ends up being successful, maybe there's an "at-home" future in that for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment