Tuesday, April 29, 2008

10 Weeks Old



Being Mia's mother is by far the most rewarding thing I've ever done. As much as I knew I wanted to be a mother, I just didn't grasp how deep my love for her would be. I still cry several times a week just from watching her and feeling my love for her swell inside me. It usually happens when she needs me. I've learned how to soothe her and she now knows I'm her "go-to" person. Most times as soon as I cuddle her, no matter what is going on with her, she'll calm down. I can tell from the way she looks at me that she depends on me and that kicks all my mothering instincts into gear. I don't ever want to let her down.

Mia has a good command of her neck now so we've put her in her big girl seat this week and we removed the sling from her bathtub. She loved sitting down in the water and kicking her feet. I can't wait to get her in the pool this summer! She continues to talk more and more, mimicking the varying pitches of our voices with her own. Mike and I are mesmerized by her and spend hours each day talking to her.






1 comment:

Missy said...

She looks so much like you it makes me smile.