Wednesday, February 13, 2008

38 Week OB Visit

Here is the email I sent to my parents, Mike, Missy, Margo and Amy yesterday regarding my OB visit. I was not in the best of moods:

I thought it best for me to just email you all, as I have surpassed cranky mode today and gone straight to bitchy. My body is very achy, my feet look like muffins spilling out of my shoes, I have severe constipation causing stabbing pains in my stomach and I have been awake since 3:00 a.m. trying to breathe.

The ultrasound went well. Bean is doing just fine, except he's still breech. Now his head is centered at the top of my abdomen, facing my back. His body comes straight down and he's still sitting on his butt. During the ultrasound he'd occasionally move his head to face my left side and his back would come around to my right side. Mike and I have been trying to figure out what he was doing, so now we know!

Even though there were only like 5 people in the whole office, I had to wait 45 minutes in my paper drape for the doctor. I finally got up off the table, opened the door (in just the paper) and walked into the hall. The doctor was standing right there and I just gave her that Wilson look and asked her when she thought she might be able to see me. Of course she came right in then. She basically told me there was no change in dilation, but that I could go anytime now. She told me to cancel my appointment next Monday and the next time I'd see them will be at the c-section on Tuesday. So we're all set.

No comments: