Thursday, February 14, 2008

Don't watch the Tonight Show before falling asleep...

I had one of those odd pregnancy dreams last night. Mike and I brought the baby home, and up until that point no one had allowed us to know the sex. We were so excited to finally learn whether Bean was a boy or a girl. So we layed the baby on the couch and began opening the blanket for the "big reveal". As we pulled back the blanket from around his neck, I noticed Bean was wearing a huge gold chain with an enormous locket on it that said "Jonathan". Bean was a boy, but he had already been named? On the front of the locket was also the profile of a man with a huge Jay Leno chin. I opened the locket and there were additional pictures of a woman (also with a Jay Leno chin) and an older man and a woman (Jay Leno chins). I looked back up at our baby and noticed that he, too, had a Jay Leno chin! As Mike and I continued to open the blanket, we found a letter laying on "Jonathan"'s belly. The letter informed us that our new baby was adopted and that his "real" family wanted us to know where he came from! Inside it were all kinds of photos of the "Leno" family, chins prominently displayed. I looked at Mike in confusion, clearly remembering the 9 months I carried this child. How could he be adopted? Mike just said maybe we were wrong, that I wasn't really pregnant all that time. I was adamant that I'd had a baby inside me. I'd felt it! But Mike said there was nothing we could do about it now, and we needed to focus on our biggest concern: what were we going to do about our baby's chin??

No comments: