I had two baby showers last week. One was a surprise by the customer service team I lead. It was so sweet of them and I was really touched. They are such a great group of women and I'm so glad they think as much of me as I think of them. Friday night I had another shower thrown by the other Service Excellence leaders. It was at Loree's house and was so much fun! Loree is very creative and tells the most funny stories. I honestly can't remember the last time I laughed that hard. At one point I had to run to the bathroom because I almost peed my pants! They all pitched in and got us the car seat. Yeah!! We were so worried about that. It was the only "must have" thing we hadn't yet gotten.
On Saturday morning, Mike and I headed to Babies R Us to return our baby monitor and buy last-minute items. It turns out that a couple we know also has the video monitor and when they went to use it, they switched the channel and were able to see the baby next door! There is no way I want anyone to watch my baby like that, plus the thought occurred to me that they may inadvertantly catch me breastfeeding or something! So we returned it and will get just an audio monitor.
The return, plus the gift cards we've received, allowed us to get the baby bedding, changing pad and cover, a huge box of diapers, a baby medicine kit, a baby grooming kit and some decorative stickers for the baby's wall. It was a very productive trip! The last "big" thing on our registry is the high chair, but we won't need that soon. So I feel very comfortable that we're all ready for our Bean to arrive!
No comments:
Post a Comment