I had my 34 week ultrasound and appointment today. Mike was unable to go so Mom went with me. As usual, the Bean kept us entertained. The Bean is now too big to flip around for us, but "he" did keep us entertained by opening and closing his eyes and sticking his tongue out. He is still breech and today had both his feet up by his head. At this time there is technically still enough amniotic fluid for him to turn head down for birth, but the doctor admitted there isn't much. They will begin checking my cervix for dilation next week and will continue to monitor the baby's size and the quantity of amniotic fluid. All those factors will come into play in determining whether or not I'll need a c-section. Additionally, the baby's heart rate was 137.
In mommy news, my uterus measured 33.5 cm and I gained two pounds. I've been experiencing nausea again, although not with the same intensity as the first trimester. Luckily I still have my "magic pills" to combat that. I continue to have occasional dizzy spells, but we think it's due to fluid in my ears from my allergies. I wake up frequently during the night, about every 2-3 hours, and sometimes don't fall back to sleep for several hours, if at all. That has led to some extreme cases of fatigue. I'm also dealing with back pain, occasional swelling in my feet, and good old constipation. I feel incredibly attractive, let me tell you!
No comments:
Post a Comment