Thursday, January 10, 2008

Breastfeeding class

We had our breastfeeding class last night and Mike was a little nervous beforehand. He asked what happens there. I told him I'd probably have to pull out my boobs and he'd have to act as the baby and try to get milk from them to make sure they work. Oh, that face was priceless! He called again yesterday and "really" wanted to know if I had to show my boobs. I told him I probably would, but just me, so everyone could admire my chimp titties.

The class went well and we received some good information. I feel a lot more comfortable about asking for help if I need it. I was also happy to know I will be able to breastfeed immediately after the baby is born. I didn't know how that worked, but knew I wanted to do that so Mike and I can bond with the baby as soon as he/she is born. I will make that wish known as soon as we get to the hospital. I've always envisioned those first moments after birth being a very special time for Mike, me and the baby. I picture us holding the baby together and soaking in all the emotions of seeing our baby for the first time. I was glad to know that nursing immediately is actually recommended. I can't wait to bask in the miracle of what we've created and enjoy those first few moments that will be unlike anything we'll ever experience again. Then everyone else can come take over the Bean!

No comments: