In almost exactly 12 hours, I will be entering the OR to meet my baby girl. Finally! What a long journey this has been, one that has left me very impatient. This pregnancy has been so different than my pregnancy with Mia. I have been nervous and uncertain from the moment I got the positive test. Doubts have lingered in the back of my mind that this day would truly come. Even now, I'm worried about tomorrow. Will fate truly allow me to finally hold my baby? Will she be healthy and happy? Will I come out of the surgery okay? There have been so many obstacles to us realizing our dream of a second child that it seems unbelievable that it will really finally happen.
Nevertheless, we are ready. We have prepared a room especially for Callie. It's very different from the unisex room we had for Mia. Diapers and wipes are waiting, all her clothes are washed, and this time I bought cute outfits for hospital pictures, as well as things for her to wear while we're there. I'm definitely a much better prepared Mommy this time around!
Mia is just beside herself about finally getting a baby sister. She has made card after card for Callie and is always writing her name. This morning we sat in bed together, Mia's head on my belly and her arms wrapped around me. She kept kissing my belly, talking to Callie and singing her songs. She wants to be one of the first people to meet Callie tomorrow and wants it to be just the four of us when she does. What a great moment that will be!
More than anything, I just can't wait to see this child, who we already love so much. Callie, all your life, know how much you are wanted, how much you are loved, and know that it's you who made our family complete. I cannot wait to meet you.
No comments:
Post a Comment