Sunday, September 2, 2012

8 weeks pregnant

Some of my pregnancy symptoms are different this time around. For example, I have a strong aversion to some of my favorite foods, particularly bleu cheese and potato salad. Also, my sense of smell is very acute, and can trigger nausea if my nose deems the scent offensive. Unfortunately, some of the biggest offenders are Mike's deodorant and cologne, and hairspray. The dogs also smell terribly to me, but they actually may truly just need baths.

Just as with Mia, I have extreme constipation. I think that accounts for a large part of the reason my belly is as big as it is at this early stage. It's difficult keeping the pregnancy from Mia, as she is so aware of me and the changes in my body and lifestyle due to fatigue. She told me she thinks the reason my belly is so big is because I've had too much water to drink. She said sometimes when you drink too much water, it makes your belly stick out and makes you sick. I told her she was probably right.

No comments: