In early March I got the okay that my reproductive system had calmed down. I wasn't sure that I was ready to do another round of shots just yet, so I requested Clomid for the month. I was met with resistance by the nurse practitioner. She was not so nice, telling me that Clomid isn't effective for women my age. It got to the point where my voice was a bit raised and the nurse's voice was dripping with sarcasm, but I prevailed. I went in for a baseline ultrasound and began taking Clomid. I ovulated for the first time since my surgery in September so I felt hopeful.
On Wednesday, March 23, I was rewarded with a positive pregnancy test! I did not contact the doctor right away, but I immediately began taking pregnancy precautions and started my estrogen and progesterone. On Friday I took another home test, one that required a higher hcg level to show up. That one also indicated positive so I made a lab appointment at the doctor. My hcg levels were 55 and the nurse practitioner said I was "definitely pregnant". I did not comment how I must be a medical miracle, seeing as Clomid isn't effective for women my age.
Last Friday I was brought in for another round of labs. The goal is for the hcg level to double every 48 hours. I knew I needed a 708 in order for the pregnancy to be going well. When the nurse called and told me my level was 946 I was ecstatic!!! We scheduled an ultrasound for next Thursday. We are praying with everything we have that all goes well.
As with every pregnancy since Mia, my stomach has immediately exploded. I'm sure the drugs are contributing, and the estrogen and progesterone both cause bloating. It typically takes a couple months to get the effects of Clomid out of my system so I'm hoping later in the pregnancy everything will even out.
Some positive news is that, of my six pregnancies, my hcg level only increased at all with three of them: Mia, the one I lost later, and this one. With the baby I lost later, even though I didn't have the D&C until 11 weeks, the baby actually stopped growing at 6 and a half weeks. So if we make it to 7 weeks it will be another milestone. Please keep us in your prayers.
We haven't told Mia yet. I don't want to get her excited and have to explain if something goes wrong. Even though my stomach is huge, she doesn't seem to notice. She just loves her mommy no matter how I look!
2 comments:
Congrats!!! God is good!!
SUCH terrific news! We are sending LOTS of prayers cuz as Nichole said God is good!
Post a Comment