Saturday, July 10, 2010

July 4th Weekend





July 4th weekend we went to the Land Between the Lakes with Mom and Bruce. It was a wonderful, relaxing weekend. Thank you to Mom and Bruce for showing us such a wonderful time! Mia swam every day, took long walks with Granny and Grumpy, played at the playground, visited animals, grilled out, watched fireworks and danced to a band. In fact, her dancing was one of the most memorable events of the weekend. She went right up in front of the stage all by herself and danced to her own little beat. Think Elaine on Seinfeld, minus the leg kick. She had quite an audience, and was extremely adorable.

Mia has picked up some phrases and terms, I guess from daycare, that she repeats frequently. Hearing them said in her little girl voice is hilarious. For instance, she'll hold her hands out and say, "And there's noooooo reason for this!" She also sings, "all day long, all day long". My favorite is when she calls her babies "honey". She got that from her teacher at school, Ms. Leona. She'll say, "Sit here honey" or "It's okay honey" or "I hold you honey". She can't quite say "Leona" so she calls Ms. Leona "Ms. Ona". Coincidentally, her favorite movie is Shrek, which has Princess Fiona. So she refers to Princess Fiona as "Princess Ms. Ona". It must be very confusing for her! Mia historically has not liked to wear pigtails, ponytails, barrets, etc. in her hair, but I've used her fascination with Princess Fiona to convince her to let me put barrets in. I tell her I'm doing her hair like Princess Fiona, so now she lets me do whatever I want! I've realized I must always say I'm going to "put a barret in" because that's what Mia calls them - "barret-ins". Mia doesn't really have a lovey per se, but she likes to hold things in her hand as a way to comfort herself. Frequently those things are "barret-ins". As you can see, we are quite entertained by our girl!

No comments: