On Mia’s birthday morning, I actually had to be at work before she even got up, so Daddy made breakfast for her and took cookies to school for all her friends to enjoy. Cara called and sang Mia “Happy Birthday” and she got email wishes from her family and friends. That night, Nana, Papa, Mamaw, Papaw and Uncle Chris came over for pizza. Mia got fun toys like puzzles and painting supplies that she just loved! She dove face-first into her ice cream cake and gave us all many laughs! After we got ready for bed and read books, I recapped her day. We talked about all the fun things she did, all her visitors, the toys she got, eating cake, etc. I asked her what her favorite part of her birthday was. She thought about it for a second and said, “Chris.” She loves her uncle!
On Saturday we got her pictures made. She really did not want to sit still, but surprisingly we got a few good shots anyway. That night was Nana and Papa's 60th birthday party. Mia had a great time hanging with her cousin Cara. On Sunday was the girls' own birthday party. Elmo made a special appearance, but was met with mixed reviews. We all played ring around the rosie in the front yard. Afterward Mia invited Elmo in for cake, but Cara was not having that at all. So Elmo said his good-byes. Maybe he'll make a return visit next year.
Last Sunday Mia had her final swim lesson of this session. Uncle Charlie came to watch her and she did a great job of showing off for him. We practiced dropping her into the water and waiting for her to rise to the top. She does a great job with that, so she will head to the advanced classes in March.
Mia started transitioning to the young two-year old room yesterday at daycare. They have an older two-year old room as well, but they try to keep them as close together in age as possible. She will potty train in this room and she is surrounded by many friends from her previous rooms. Of course it's only her second day and I've already received a call from her new teacher. Apparently Mia was trying to impress her new friends today in art class and demonstrated how to paint her mouth.
She loves to wear her grandmas’ glasses and I have pictures of her in each of their glasses at various times. She puts them on and then tries to walk around the house. She lifts her feet up really high because her depth perception is so off. She also takes off all her clothes now, including her diaper, and runs around the house giggling and smacking her bottom, yelling, “booty”. She also refers to her chest as her “booties”.
Mia is into bedtime manipulation if she’s not completely tired, or if our routine is not followed. She has many weapons in her arsenal that can prolong sleep. She has
Scratch my back
Blankie
Milk
Water
Hold you
Rocky
These may be used in conjunction with one another or they may stand alone. When used one at a time, bedtime may go on forever. Daddy is much more susceptible to bedtime manipulation than mommy, so last night we worked as a team and used the clock to guide our trips to her room. We decided to wait 5 minutes in between visits. It was a great technique and after 15 minutes she was asleep.
Mia has a great memory and can associate places and objects with people. For example, when I get off the freeway near Dad’s, Mia will say “Nana and Papa”. When we drive into Anchorage she’ll say “Mamaw” and when we pass Bowman Field she says “Granny”. She knows from the landscape when we’re near their houses. When she plays with her pink purse she’ll say Kelly, because Aunt Kelly got that for her. And last week when I gave her one of her baby pictures to put in her purse, she called it Baby Macee. Macee is Margo’s little girl, and we hung out with them a couple times last month. Over the weekend Mia named one of her dolls Baby Macee and has been carrying around Baby Macee ever since.
Mia has so many cute little sayings and voices now, and I never seem to remember to write everything down before I forget it. But her favorite song of the moment is “Baby Bumblebee”, which she sings in voices like her Papa taught her. She likes to spell and say her name, “M-I-A, Mia” and she counts to four a lot. She also wants to do everything “again”. She has a ticklish spot on her neck that makes her squeal if I kiss it just right. She’ll laugh and scream “no, no Mommy”, putting her finger up by her mouth and wagging it at me. Then as soon as I’m done she’ll tilt her neck toward me and say “again”. It melts my heart when she says, “C’mon Mommy” and takes me to her toy room to play. I can sit in the bean bag and just watch her for hours. She jabbers away and makes me laugh with her silliness. I am so in love with my girl. Happy Birthday Mia!
Mia started transitioning to the young two-year old room yesterday at daycare. They have an older two-year old room as well, but they try to keep them as close together in age as possible. She will potty train in this room and she is surrounded by many friends from her previous rooms. Of course it's only her second day and I've already received a call from her new teacher. Apparently Mia was trying to impress her new friends today in art class and demonstrated how to paint her mouth.
She loves to wear her grandmas’ glasses and I have pictures of her in each of their glasses at various times. She puts them on and then tries to walk around the house. She lifts her feet up really high because her depth perception is so off. She also takes off all her clothes now, including her diaper, and runs around the house giggling and smacking her bottom, yelling, “booty”. She also refers to her chest as her “booties”.
Mia is into bedtime manipulation if she’s not completely tired, or if our routine is not followed. She has many weapons in her arsenal that can prolong sleep. She has
Scratch my back
Blankie
Milk
Water
Hold you
Rocky
These may be used in conjunction with one another or they may stand alone. When used one at a time, bedtime may go on forever. Daddy is much more susceptible to bedtime manipulation than mommy, so last night we worked as a team and used the clock to guide our trips to her room. We decided to wait 5 minutes in between visits. It was a great technique and after 15 minutes she was asleep.
Mia has a great memory and can associate places and objects with people. For example, when I get off the freeway near Dad’s, Mia will say “Nana and Papa”. When we drive into Anchorage she’ll say “Mamaw” and when we pass Bowman Field she says “Granny”. She knows from the landscape when we’re near their houses. When she plays with her pink purse she’ll say Kelly, because Aunt Kelly got that for her. And last week when I gave her one of her baby pictures to put in her purse, she called it Baby Macee. Macee is Margo’s little girl, and we hung out with them a couple times last month. Over the weekend Mia named one of her dolls Baby Macee and has been carrying around Baby Macee ever since.
Mia has so many cute little sayings and voices now, and I never seem to remember to write everything down before I forget it. But her favorite song of the moment is “Baby Bumblebee”, which she sings in voices like her Papa taught her. She likes to spell and say her name, “M-I-A, Mia” and she counts to four a lot. She also wants to do everything “again”. She has a ticklish spot on her neck that makes her squeal if I kiss it just right. She’ll laugh and scream “no, no Mommy”, putting her finger up by her mouth and wagging it at me. Then as soon as I’m done she’ll tilt her neck toward me and say “again”. It melts my heart when she says, “C’mon Mommy” and takes me to her toy room to play. I can sit in the bean bag and just watch her for hours. She jabbers away and makes me laugh with her silliness. I am so in love with my girl. Happy Birthday Mia!
No comments:
Post a Comment