It was a very informative appointment, and I just loved the doc. We'll do blood work to rule out many things, we'll do chromosomal testing on both of us to see if that's an issue. We'll check my glucose and insulin levels. We'll do a saline ultrasound of my uterus to check for any abnormalities or scar tissue that could be causing trouble. He said that less than 1% of women have 3 or more miscarriages in a row, so this is a big deal that it's happened. He said that without treatment I will likely just continue to miscarry. But he also felt confident that based on the information he received from my history and previous blood work, a procedure called ovulation induction should work for us. That's where he takes over the timing of everything in my cycle and we induce ovulation, then inseminate me at the right time. We would do various medications prior to insemination and during the pregnancy to help retain it. We'll have to think about all this and decide what's best for us, but he seemed really hopeful that this procedure should work.
Monday, December 14, 2009
Reproductive endocrinologist
I haven't written in well over a month. I've just been too sad. On November 9, Mike and I went in for our ultrasound and there was no longer a heartbeat. I knew it as soon as we saw the sac. There was no movement, it was just there. We were devastated, as you can imagine. On that Thursday I had a D&C, and spent the weekend recuperating. Since then we have just been coping with it all. I've had feelings that I'm not sure I ever want to get pregnant again. I've felt like I wish I could just take a long break. But the docs tell me that with my age, I really need to at least look into what's going on. So today I saw a reproductive endocrinologist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment