Of course it can't be simple and worry free. We had our ultrasound today and our little baby was there and we saw the heartbeat. We were very reassured and happy about that...until she started questioning me about the date of my last period. She finally told us the baby we thought was 9 weeks today only measured 5 weeks 6 days. I definitely know the date of my last period, so we started talking about me ovulating late, which I did with Mia. But that would be odd since I took Clomid to conceive. I took a faint, positive pregnancy test on Sept 22, and the progesterone test they did on September 15 indicated I hadn't fertilized an egg yet, so it makes sense from that standpoint, but it would mean I got a positive test really, really early.
So they drew blood to test my progesterone levels to make sure they are high enough, although if they aren't there is nothing we can do since I already take progesterone supplements. Hopefully we'll get those results tomorrow. They will also do another ultrasound in two weeks to see if the baby is growing properly. So I'm back to being nervous, although I was so happy to see that heartbeat. Just would have been great if all was well this time. Regardless, the new due date is June 23 and we have ourselves a Bean!
1 comment:
Sorry to hear . . sending thoughts and prayers your way. Love you guys!
Post a Comment