Thursday, October 15, 2009

Baby stuff

The nausea is getting stronger. I am going to have to start eating more frequently because it’s worse when I’m hungry. The food doesn’t make it go away, but it does ease it a bit. I woke up at 5:30 this morning, nauseated. At least I’m not vomiting and peeing my pants at work. So I’m counting my blessings!

Mia is now saying lots of short phrases. Her favorite is “’Mon Reese!” or “’Mon Mommy!” when she wants us to “come on “with her. “I don’t know” is another favorite, and “Love you Daddy”. I have realized how often I say “cool” because that has become a word she repeats every time she hears me say it.

She named another of her babies. Mickey, Abby and Bob sleep with her every night, along with the One Who Has Not Been Named. So the other night while we were pushing the babies around the house in the stroller I asked her the baby’s name. She replied, “Mommy.” I thought that was so sweet! So I said, “Well, I’m Mommy. Why don’t we give her a different name so it won’t be confusing to her? What about Molly?” So Molly she is.

We’re going to Gatlinburg next weekend with Mom, Bruce, Missy, Paul and Cara. I’m wondering how Miss Mia will do on such a long car ride. We’re going to get some DVDs, but usually those don’t occupy her for long. I guess we’ll have to get out frequently so she doesn’t get tired of sitting. Not sure what else will work, unless we keep her up all night so she’ll sleep in the car. Or drug her. Suggestions?

No comments: