Spoke to the director yesterday and she patiently listened to all my concerns. She said she had already spoken to the teachers and their story matched mine. She said the one teacher felt terrible about what she’d said and that she planned to call me. I told the director that I’m not at the point where I want to move Mia because she has a lot of familiar friends in that room and she does not seem unhappy. But I do want to know she’ll be taken care of and nurtured whether she’s happy, sad, mad, or whatever. I mean, that’s the service I pay them for and the only reason I’m able to comfortably leave my daughter with strangers each day! She agreed and asked me to keep her posted as to how things are going, our thoughts on the room, etc., and in the meantime she’ll work with the teachers on improving their communication skills.
Later the teacher called me and apologized. I appreciated the call and her apology, although she didn’t really engage much in “listening”. She wanted to say her apology and go, and I wanted to make sure she understood where I was coming from. Still need some work there, but I do appreciate the gesture. Mike said when he dropped Mia off this morning she came up to them and excitedly said, “Mia!”, like she was so happy to see her. I asked if she’d ever done that before and he said no. Well, fake enthusiasm is much better than no enthusiasm in my book!
On a related note, Mia went to the doctor yesterday and got medicine for an antibiotic. She weighs enough now (25 lbs, 4 oz) to take cough medicine, so we got some of that as well. Yeehaw! So the three of us actually got some sleep last night.
On an unrelated note, Mia was eating dinner the other night and lifts up her spoon as though she has a profound thought and says "uno, dos". Apparently she is learning Spanish at daycare now! It was even more shocking than when she said, "one, two". I am completely fascinated by all the things she is learning and is now capable of.
No comments:
Post a Comment