Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wonderful family weekend


We had an absolutely wonderful weekend. Mom and Bruce kept Mia on Friday night so Mike and I could have a night to ourselves. We ate at a local German restaurant and went to the wine bar for a drink afterward. On Saturday, we attempted to take Mia on her first trip to the zoo. Apparently half the city had the same thought, because the lines to get into the zoo were phenomenal! We quickly scrapped that idea, and headed to Bardstown Road instead. We parked at Matt's apartment and strolled up and down Bardstown Road, checking out all the shops, and stopping for ice cream. Mia loved the acaiberry with strawberries and blackberries. 

On Sunday we went for another walk and hung out with the neighbors for a bit. I don't know if I mentioned this before, but we have 27 children in our court alone, so Mia has plenty of playmates around here. We spent most of our weekend playing with Mia and enjoying how much she talks and interacts with us now. I started practicing sign language with her last week, just eat, drink and more to start off with. Within two days she started saying "more" on her own, so we don't use that one anymore! 

Mia has picked up some really cute habits from the other kids in daycare. For example, the kids think it's very funny to take one shoe off and leave the other one on. When I visited last week half the kids were walking around in one shoe, laughing at their own inside joke. Mia frequently takes off her own shoes and socks now and just laughs at how funny she is. Today when I got her home, I noticed that she only had one shoe on. I searched all over the car for it before realizing it must have been like that when I picked her up. Guess it's time for shoestrings!

This Friday is the Easter Parade at daycare, and it looks like I will have to miss it. I have back to back meetings Friday afternoon, and one is a training class I don't think I can skip. I am so disappointed already. I had to miss the Halloween parade too and I cried over that one, so I'm sure this will be no different. I'm going to try to come up with a solution, but it's not looking good. 

On a positive note, we're heading up to Cincinnati this weekend with the Wilsons to celebrate spring birthdays. I can't wait to see Mia and Cara together now that they're both walking. This will be a lot of fun!

1 comment:

USAIDAddress Unknown said...

Have fun! Happy Easter! Love to the whole family!