Mia and I were very sick last weekend and the first of this week. We both went to the urgent care center on Friday night and Granny Judy met us there. Granny took Mia home with her and kept her the whole weekend. Mia had a double ear infection. I stayed in bed the entire weekend with a sinus infection. Mia started feeling better almost immediately but I’m still battling congestion and a cough. I’m heading to Texas for a conference on Sunday and the thing I’m most looking forward to is sleeping through the night three nights in a row!
While at Granny and Grampy’s, Mia continued to make progress with her waving. Granny and Grampy worked with her and she now repeats “Hi Dada” while waving. Not consistently, but occasionally. She’s crawling all over the place and now pays attention when I point to objects while reading her stories. She’s also gotten another tooth, her upper right front tooth, so that’s been bothering her this week.
Mia is really thriving in her new room at daycare. I’m so happy we made the switch. Her new teachers love her as much as her first teachers did, and it’s so reassuring to know she’s in such loving care. Mike and I continue to be completely enamored with her as well. The other night I looked at him with tears in my eyes and told him I just can’t believe she’s ours. I feel so blessed to have such a sweet, happy baby. She’s pure joy and entertainment for us. When that child is awake, we’re playing games, on the floor rolling around, singing, clapping, waving…anything we can to get a response from her. What did we ever do before she came along?
No comments:
Post a Comment