Okay, so the shock is still here, but we're also getting excited about having a new baby. That is evidenced in the fact that we've been telling everyone, and we've already started discussing names! Mike went to First Res yesterday and spread the news, and he also already did a pencil test, which said we're having a girl! If you'll recall, both our pencil tests said girl last time, even though we were convinced it was a boy. So it's got me thinking girl. I truly don't care either way this time. Last time I really wanted a girl after I found out that's what Missy was having, because I wanted them to grow up together like we did. But this time I will truly be happy either way. Mike said if it's a girl we'll just have to have a third to try for a boy!
In Mia news, she's very fascinated with her hands these days. She stares at them, turning them around, spreading her fingers and touching them with her other hand. She likes to watch them as she picks up objects. She loves playing in her pack and play. Now that she's sitting, I put all her toys in there and she will play for an hour or so while I clean or make dinner. It's great! She'll stay in her jumperoo even longer than that if we let her. She loves that thing!
I also play on the floor with her a lot. I lay on my back and put her on my chest. She loves to hold onto my face and squeal. I then squeal back, so we go back and forth like that for awhile. Then I start rolling from side to side, kissing all over her neck. She just laughs and squeals and I can't help but laugh and squeal myself! Watching and listening to her laugh is one of the greatest pleasures I've ever known. She is such a joy.
1 comment:
Congrats!!! What is your due date?
Post a Comment