Thursday, August 21, 2008

Love for my babies




The doctor's office confirmed the miscarriage today. It actually hit me a lot harder than I'd anticipated and I've been very sad. It's amazing how much you can love a child you never even knew. I think a part of me believed we'd have another miracle baby, that they'd be wrong again. So I left work as soon as I could and went to get Mia. Just seeing her smile made it so much easier to bear. I put her in bed with me and we snuggled and napped together. Mike came home early and we played with her. She fills our hearts with so much love and joy that I'm sure we'll heal much more quickly than we would otherwise. I'm leaving tomorrow for my girls lake weekend. I know that will be good for me, but I'm anxious about leaving Mia. I find that the loss of the other baby has made me very scared of losing Mia. I know I have to deal with that and get over it, but that was an unexpected after-effect also.

Mia wore bell-bottoms and tasted a popsicle for the first time today. Here are some pics. 

No comments: