Saturday, June 7, 2008

Crazy Week


Well, this was quite a crazy week for all of us. I had an extremely hectic and stressful week at work, and I found it very difficult to balance my work/home life. In the past I would have worked several evenings until 8 or 9 to get everything done, but that just didn't seem right this week with it being Mia's first week at daycare. Plus Mike is working longer and longer hours as we approach the store opening, so he can't just drop everything to go get Mia. So I crammed 12 or so hours of work into 8 and it really wore me out. I also joined the gym, because I need some type of stress relief (although I'm honestly not sure when I will fit that into my schedule).

Mia is adored by all in her daycare. They always comment about how happy she is and how she doesn't cry - things we adore about her too! ;-) She didn't really nap her first couple days there, but yesterday they said she napped 3 hours, something I don't think she's ever done (unless being held by one of her grandparents!). She's also increased her nighttime sleeping from about 8 1/2 hours to 10-12 hours. I'm sure there will be an adjustment period to all the stimulation at daycare, so I'm not holding my breath that this will last. But with our crazy week, it sure was nice.

Another reason we think she may be sleeping more is due to allergies. Mike and I both have them, and there has been very high pollen, trees and molds lately. We've all been stuffy, but Mia even more than usual. So perhaps her immune system is in overdrive and she's sleeping more due to that.

Today Mike has taken Mia to the farmer's market, and I'm heading to the gym. I snapped her picture before she left. She's hilarious!

No comments: