I had several meetings on Tuesday, the last of which was my annual performance review. Bill likes to conduct it like a behavioral interview, asking questions that require examples. Fortunately I was prepared and easily spouted off my accomplishments of the year, the areas where I need to improve, what I have learned about myself over the past year on a personal and professional level, and what he could do better for me and for our division. When he showed me the written portion of my review, it was even better than I'd thought. I got a very nice raise to compensate me for my hard work this past year. It amazes me how much I've accomplished in the 8 years since I've gotten out of the military. After this raise, I have nearly tripled my salary since 2000! That is wonderful, but the even better part is how much I love what I do. I really feel like I am in the perfect job for me, working with incredible people and learning from exceptional leaders. I feel like I'm at an amazing point in my life, and I am so blessed.
That night we went to check out the progress on the store. The framing is all up and you can really start to see it coming together. Mike walked me through, pointing out where everything will be. He has such a great vision and has really thought through many unique details. I am dying to see the finished product! I am so incredibly proud of Mike, I just can't get over it. What courage and ambition he has. It inspires me to be so much better myself.
Today was Mia's day of achievement. Our girl rolled over from her stomach to her back TWICE! Mike and I both got to see it, and we were such nerds, laughing and clapping when she did it. After our celebration, I put her right back on her stomach to see if she'd do it again and she did. I went for a third time, but she was tired of it by then and started crying. I decided to cut her some slack. To celebrate, Mia got to play extra long in her tub and I read her a book while she was in there. Then we put on her jammies, put her in the Bjorn and went for a walk. She fell asleep while we were walking, and it was so incredibly sweet looking down at her. Of course we all know I really don't need to be looking anywhere but the sidewalk since I'm such a klutz, so I didn't look at her for too long at a time!
Missy had to take Cara to the doctor. She got sick from her very first week in daycare. She's doing a little better now, but Dad and Sue had to go up to watch her. Mike and I visit Mia's daycare tomorrow in preparation for her first day on Monday. Hopefully it goes well...
No comments:
Post a Comment