Thursday, May 22, 2008

Our week so far...

We’ve had a busy week. Last weekend Uncle Charlie came to town and he and Mike hung out. That meant some Mommy and Mia time, and it was great, especially after my first week back to work. Saturday, Carol came to visit Mia, then took me on a special trip. We went to the Brick House, just the two of us, and shopped. She bought me a very cool spring purse and I really enjoyed hanging out together. On Sunday Mia and I went to a baby shower for Michelle, Cathy’s daughter. Michelle is adopting a baby boy due to be born in July. It was a beautiful day and we had a really nice time.

This week has been crazy busy for me again. On Tuesday I had 5 meetings, a record for the week. I’ve been pretty worn out when I get home, but try to spend as much time with Mia and Mike as I can. While I’m getting back into the swing of things at work, and getting very excited about my work again, Mike is doing the same. Things are moving along quickly for Moda, and they have ordered a lot of the merchandise at this point. They’re planning the grand opening events for June 14. We’ll do a day event for families and an evening event for adults only. I’ll let you know more details as it gets closer.

Mia slept 7 hour stretches Friday and Saturday nights, so Mike and I had hoped she was back on schedule. Then came Sunday. She slept about 4 ½ hours, then woke up and didn’t sleep regularly the rest of the night. Of course, just because she slept 4 ½ hours didn’t mean Mike and I got that much sleep. We had only been in bed about 2 hours when she woke up. We spent the rest of the night catching minutes here and there. Made for an exhausting Monday at work! Fortunately she slept a 6 ½ hour stretch and an 8 ½ hour stretch Monday and Tuesday.

Last night Mamaw Carol took Mia for the night so Mike and I could have a date. We went back and forth about what to do on our “big night”. We had great intentions for a fabulous evening of fun, but when it got down to it, we were kind of tired. We went to Chili’s and had dinner, went home and spent a little quality time together, then watched Idol and went to bed (well, I went to bed. Mike played video games online with Kenny half the night!). Regardless of how it sounds, it was what we needed right now. Our life is a little different these days!

Tomorrow Mia gets another shot. They were out of this vaccine when we went for her two-month shots, so they scheduled it for when she was three months. On Saturday, Missy and Cara are coming to town and we're getting the girls' three month pictures made. For Mother's Day, we are taking Mom with us and getting a "generations" picture, with all five of us. I can't wait to see how they turn out!

No comments: