On Monday Mia turned 3 months old. I can’t believe how quickly time has flown by. Mia is such a joy to be around. She lights up the room with her smile and her laugh makes me want to laugh with her. I love watching her as she takes in her surroundings, intensely staring at the ceiling fan, or grabbing a toy and trying to get it to her mouth. She loves to hold my fingers while she’s drinking her bottle, and after her “dinner” bottle, I let her sleep on my chest for awhile. It’s becoming part of our evening ritual, before her bath and real bedtime. Mike has really enjoyed his time with her too, and they have their own rituals. He puts her in bed with him when I leave for work in the mornings. They play for awhile, then she takes her morning nap with him. She also attends almost all Moda meetings with him. She’s quite informed of construction processes, marketing efforts and how to purchase brands! On the home front, Mike’s also teaching her how to hold the bottle herself when he’s feeding her. This makes surfing the net during feedings much easier!
Tummy time has extended and Mia will now last up to 10 minutes without screaming. I lay on the floor with her but she mostly just holds herself up, intensely staring at the mat or toy in front of her. Once her neck gets tired the wailing begins. But we’ll persist!
We started the third month with Mia sleeping pretty consistently, then had a two week period where she was up every four hours to eat. That sucked. Things have calmed down this week, and she has had two nights where she slept 8 ½ hours.
One morning last week, we woke up to Mia laughing and “talking” in her crib. I peeked in at her and she just laid there smiling at me. So I went in and kissed her, talked to her for a few minutes, then closed the door and let her play for awhile. Last night I put her to bed the same way. She was just laying there smiling at her mobile, no paci or anything. I put on her night light, said goodnight and closed the door. She was asleep 15 minutes later.
Mia is sleeping in her crib all the time now. Two mornings this week we have gone in to find her laying sideways, having wiggled her way around (just like Aunt Miss used to!). Even though she’s swaddled, she’s always kicking and moving so much that we no longer know where she’ll end up. So there go our bumpers, quilts, toys, etc. from the crib!
I’m now working on getting rid of the paci. She has found her hands, but has trouble sucking on just a finger or thumb. She still goes for the whole fist. Once she gets down her own soothing technique, the swaddling and paci will go bye-bye.
No comments:
Post a Comment