Wednesday, April 9, 2008

7 Weeks Old




We've been very busy and haven't done a good job of keeping you all updated. Life with a baby is very full!
  • Mia had her first road trip. We went to Cincy to celebrate birthdays with the Wilsons. She did very well and had a lot of fun with her Nana and Pawpaw, aunts, uncle and cousins. 
  • Matt and Allison stopped by for a visit last week. Unfortunately Mia was a little fussy while they were here. Seems like that never fails to happen when we have visitors.
  • Mia also had her first portraits taken. She cried and cried for quite awhile and we thought we'd have to leave and try again another time. But she ended up settling down enough for us to get some really great shots. 
  • Mommy and Mia went to the mall twice last week! Our first trip was quite the adventure. It was pouring down rain and I couldn't figure out how to open the stroller. Mia sat in the car screaming while I stood in the rain calling Daddy to get instructions. Mia also pooped while waiting and I had to take her to the public restroom to change her. Just so happened that bathroom didn't have a changing station, so I had to do it on the stroller. She had a poop explosion and it was on her clothes. Mia proceeded to put her hands and feet in it, and it was about that time that I discovered I only had two wipes left. Good times! Our second trip to the mall went much better.
  • We had lunch on Thursday with some girlfriends from Jewish and on Friday with Kim, Murphy and Grayson. Kim and I laughed recalling how crazy and immature we were not so long ago, and here we were  - the grown-ups - dining nonchalantly with our babies.
  • Mommy and Daddy went to Atlanta to a fashion trade show for the weekend and Mia stayed with Nana and Pawpaw. I cried when I left Mia. Mike and I looked at her pictures all weekend, even going so far as to show them to complete strangers (that was after a few beers, of course!). We had a great time though. I haven't had so many belly laughs in a long time, and the weekend was a love fest between Mike and I. Starting Moda has really brought us together and we're so excited about what it may bring us. We met with many different brands and even placed orders with some. I can't wait to see the response from our community when we open.
  • Grandma Sarah is back in the hospital and not doing well. She has pneumonia and CHF. Her weight is down below 70 pounds and we are trying to get her into hospice as an inpatient. It makes me sad for Mom and her siblings, but it's been so inspiring to see how active she remained for so long. I hope I'm still getting together with my friends and attending exercise class at 89! Please keep Grandma and our family in your prayers.
  • My car is on the outs AGAIN. I will see what they say when I take it to the shop next week. If it's too expensive, it may be time to bite the bullet and get something else. But, as I think you are all aware by now, I don't want a car payment!
  • I can't believe my girl is 7 weeks old. When I got back from Atlanta it was evident how quickly she's growing! She's much more alert and is enjoying swinging and looking at toys more now. She also loves her baths and we give her one each night after her 7 pm bottle. I haven't been as diligent as I should about tummy time, because she spits up each time I lay her on her tummy. Then she puts her face in it and screams. Not so fun for Mia. Fortunately Grace will lick it up for us! :-)

No comments: