Friday, March 28, 2008

Growth Spurt

I think Miss Mia is going through a growth spurt. She's eating like a little piggy! I fed her every two hours almost all day, and she was still mad when it took me 2 minutes to make her bottle. She wanted her food immediately!! On the plus side, she really isn't taking long naps during the day, so she's sleeping very well at night. Last night we put her to bed at 10 and she didn't wake up again until 5:30 this morning!!! I got 7 1/2 hours of uninterrupted sleep!!! Who knows how long this will last, so I'm enjoying it while I can. 

Mia is so much more animated these days. She smiles so much, especially when I talk to her. When I make clicking sounds with my tongue she sticks hers out like she's trying to imitate me. She has been turning her head in my direction when she hears my voice since birth, but now she makes eye contact with me when she turns her head. When I put her into bed and try to sneak out of the room she turns to look at me, warning me that if I go, she'll cry. She's also grown to love her baths so Mike and I give her one after her 7 p.m. bottle each night. 

I weighed Mia today and she's 10.6 pounds. I've currently got a pulled muscle in my back from lifting the little porker! She's outgrown her newborn size diapers and clothes, and most of the size 0-3 months we have are for much warmer weather. Mommy may need to go shopping if this cold weather doesn't go away soon!

No comments: