Monday, February 18, 2008

The final weekend

We had a pretty good weekend. I worked late Friday night, since it was my last day of work. I finished up everything I needed to, so I won't feel compelled to check my BlackBerry every hour the next 12 weeks.

Saturday Mike and I had lunch at Macca's in Westport Village. Westport Village is a new retail development and the restaurant reminded me of someplace we would eat while on vacation in Florida. That's the idea, of course, and they have succeeded with it. Afterward I visited Amy in the hospital. She had gallbladder surgery, but is doing well. Then I treated myself to a pedicure and Starbucks. That evening, we went to Jennifer and Freddy's for dinner. It was a nice time.

Yesterday I finally "nested". Everyone has been asking me about it, and I felt like a defective mother since I'd not yet scrubbed my house spotless with a toothbrush. Don't get me wrong, I still didn't take it that far! But yesterday, after 7 months of living in this house, I felt driven to unpack moving boxes! I was like a mad woman, unpacking, throwing things away, rearranging closets...it was nuts! I did laundry all day too, and gathered donation items for the Goodwill. I didn't finish until about 6:30 last night. Of course I paid for it. My body hurt so badly last night! But I do feel a sense of relief that at least all our rooms upstairs are in order. Today I will do the actual dusting and cleaning of bathrooms and floors. After all, tomorrow is our big day!

No comments: