Wednesday, February 6, 2008

37 Week Appointment

Amy went with me to the ultrasound yesterday and the Bean really couldn’t do much for us. Not much room left to move around. We did get a great shot of the nose and mouth, and I kept trying to figure out who it reminded me of. Then it struck me – that’s the nose and mouth of Aunt Miss! The expression reminded me of Missy’s newborn picture and I got so excited. Now, if it’s a boy, he may not be too happy to hear how he looked like Aunt Miss as a baby, but so what? I love the comparison!

Mike and I got to see Dr. Paul at the visit. She will be performing the c-section. We had a long discussion about the c-section, but also about a version, if we choose to do one. She gave us a ton of information on the process and how she does it. She uses an epidural, and does it right before the scheduled c-section. She will try once or twice and if nothing happens, will go right to the c-section. On the other hand, if it works, she will immediately induce me so the baby won’t have a chance to turn back. Either way, I’ll have a baby that day. It gave us a different perspective on the procedure and something to think about. Of course if we go next week and the amniotic fluid is lower, or if the baby has turned, it will be a moot point.

Otherwise, I made no new progress, except in my weight gain. I’m still 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced, but I’ve now gained 26 pounds. Next Friday is my last day of work. I can’t believe how close it’s getting!!!

No comments: