On Thursday I had some contractions. I've had Braxton Hicks contractions since about the middle of November, and luckily I've read enough that they don't really alarm me anymore. I've also read how they get stronger later in pregnancy, and I've read about false labor enough to know the warning signs. Our pre-natal class instructor told us that real contractions will be felt throughout the abdomen, particularly at the top, and to feel there to know if it's "real". On Thursday, it was "real".
I was also having back pain with the contractions, and I knew that was another sign to look out for. They occurred pretty frequently all morning, and they made me nauseated. I finally decided to call the doctor at about noon. I spoke to the OB nurse and she reassured me that I did the right thing by calling, and said to be on the lookout for menstrual-type cramping. If those were to accompany the contractions I'd need to come in. She also said that this will happen more frequently as my due date approaches. The best thing to get them to stop is to lay on the left side and drink plenty of water, so I went home and did just that. Of course Mike came home, Mom stopped by, and Mike's mom came over later that night. But they stopped and everything is just fine. I went back to work on Friday with no incident.
No comments:
Post a Comment