Well, my body made no additional progress this past week toward labor. I’m still only one cm dilated and 50% effaced. The doctor believes that the baby will not turn on its own now, as the head is what usually causes progression and all we have down there are two little feet! We have scheduled a c-section for February 19 at 11:00. The doctor gave me the option to do a version, but I’m not very comfortable with that idea. I have heard of no success stories with those and to me it seems unnecessary to put the baby and myself through that when there is less than a 50% success rate. We think our little Bean has been through enough with this pregnancy, so we said no.
The Bean was making the usual kissing faces, and at one point turned “his” head toward my voice when I talked. Of course that just about melted my heart! The Bean weighs in at 6 lbs 5 oz and should be a normal sized baby. So, as of right now it looks like I still have three weeks to become enormous, puffy and swollen and to get stretch marks. Yeah!!
1 comment:
I'm with you on your choice not to try -good job guys! We'll mark Feb 19th on our calendar for the arrival of the bean! We can't wait! Only 3 more weeks! :)
Post a Comment