Monday, January 21, 2008
35 Weeks
Had my weekly OB appointment today. Since Mike is still in San Francisco, his mom, Carol, went to the ultrasound with me. The Bean was not as active for us today, and had to be prodded to move around for us. "He" is still breech, but now he's in the form of a C, his head is on my upper left side facing downward, his back going around my right side, and his butt on my lower left side. He’s sitting Indian style, with his feet perched on my bladder. His heart rate was 126. After the ultrasound I had my first pelvic exam in quite awhile. I’m ½ cm dilated, which doesn't mean much of anything, just that things are progressing. The doctor told me there is still time for the Bean to turn, and we'll just have to wait and see at this point. She also said that usually when women begin having contractions they advise them to wait until they are 5 minutes apart to call the office. Because the Bean is currently breech, if I have contractions this week I should call if they get between 8 and 10 minutes apart. No use going through all that pain just to have a c-section!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment