Monday, November 26, 2007

Klutz


Well, my 11 year streak ended immediately following Amy Willis' baby shower: I fell and sprained my ankle. The shower was a lot of fun and it was great to see Amy, but as we left, I stepped into a grass-filled hole and down I went. No one was around at the time, but my screams of pain sent Missy and Margo running to me. Luckily I managed to roll as I fell so I didn't land on the Bean, but to be safe we went to the hospital anyway and listened to the heartbeat. I refused the x-rays, since history tells me my ankles are never actually broken, and I didn't want to expose the baby unnecessarily. So I have been in an ace bandage and ankle brace since then. I would like to thank my father and my husband for jinxing me on Halloween with their discussion about how long it's been since I've been on crutches. Love ya! ;-)

No comments: