Mike and I had an impromptu "date night" last night. We had a gift card to use, so he called me at work and asked me to meet him for dinner. It was a nasty, rainy night, but it was nice and cozy in the restaurant. We talked and laughed and stuffed ourselves (as usual!).
When we got home, we decided it was time for me to brave a bath. I've been so afraid to take one since I've been pregnant. The books have scared me to death, thinking I'd cook the Bean or something. Our new house has a nice jacuzzi tub that was calling to us, so I caved. Of course I got out the thermometer and made sure the temperature was below 98 degrees, but it was still very nice and relaxing.
Afterward, we watched a movie. The Bean was very active, so I kept my shirt lifted and we watched my stomach bounce up and down as the Bean kicked me. Watching Mike's face as my stomach bounced around was so cute that I laughed out loud each time. At one point, the dogs were getting rowdy and Mike yelled at them to settle down. I guess his voice was loud enough to startle the Bean, because I got a kick! So after that, we played games with our little Bean, intermittently having Mike yell to see if the Bean would kick. As you can tell, we are easily amused!
No comments:
Post a Comment