Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Big Sis

Although I won’t post this today, I am so incredibly excited to have learned this morning that we are expecting another baby! I actually went off birth control in December, and after a discussion with my doctor, we felt like it was time to try Clomid. This was my first month taking the medicine. I experienced a lot of side effects, including mood swings, hot flashes, swelling and pain in my ovaries, water retention, and weight gain. Not too fun, so I was so happy it took on the first try!

Mike and I are a little nervous about our financial situation, with the store still being new and the economy still unstable, but ultimately we want Mia to have a sibling, and we want them to be close in age. We think 22 months will be a great age difference – just like Missy and me! The economic and financial situations will be temporary, and our desire to have a child will not be, so we go with what we know is right in our hearts.

I feel so happy and blessed…and a bit scared. I will have to take progesterone supplements to try to keep the pregnancy, and I will go to the doctor every other day to test my hcg levels. Not sure what will happen beyond that. We will just say a lot of prayers and put our faith in God.

No comments: