Saturday, May 23, 2015

Callie Girl

I'm sitting here watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with Callie for the fourth time this morning...and it's not even 8 am yet! As soon as one episode is over she starts pleading, "Mickey Mouse! Mickey Mouse! Mickey Mouse!" over and over until I put a new episode on. She's also been giving me a check-up with her Doc McStuffins (aka "Muffins") medicine bag. She walks around with the stethoscope in her ears asking, "your heart?"

She's a very inquisitive girl, just like her sister. Right now she's sticking her fingers into every hole and plug-in on the laptop asking, "Whas sis mommy?" And she loves to read books, count and sing. We wake up to ABCs and Twinkle Twinkle just about every morning. And when I walk in to get her, she is almost always on her back with her legs crossed, reading a book while she sings.

She's scared of the wind and the sun. They've been having a heck of a time with her at school, as she screams and cries every day when they go outside. They try hats and sunglasses, I've taken her to the doctor, but nothing seems to work. I guess it's just a phase, like when Mia was scared of her shadow. It better be, because the sun and wind aren't really factors I can remove! ;-)

She is such an easy girl. She doesn't get into things or put things in her mouth, so we can let her play with Mia or other kids and not have to hover over her. It's fun to sit back and watch her interact. She definitely wants to play with whatever Mia is playing with, be it Barbies or markers or stickers. Fortunately Mia loves playing with her sister and is very encouraging and gentle with her...most of the time. :-)

She loves to close doors, line up cards, organize wipes and carry around crayons in a box. She enjoys doing puzzles and even likes to pretend she can't figure them out (by putting a lion in the horse's spot) and then laughing when she gets them right. She's crazy about the dogs and likes to bend down to their level with her hands on her knees and talk to them like they're babies. She also likes to FaceTime her grandparents. She loves to see herself on video and I have plenty for her to watch. :-)

She's such a joy and I'm so grateful to have that sweet girl.



No comments: