Mia celebrated her 5th birthday in style! Mommy and Daddy picked her up from school early and took her to Club Tabby to get a little girl makeover. She selected the "Rainbow Rocker" look and got her hair spray painted and her nails and makeup done. Afterward we went to Chuy's for dinner and met Missy, Cara, Ramsey, Dad, Sue, Mom, Bruce, Carol, Jim, Charlie, Kelly, Logan and Beau. Mia had a great time and loved showing off her new look.
Miss Mia is doing so well in school. She brought home a poem several paragraphs long and we are to practice reading it each night. It amazes me how she sounds out her words and is quickly figuring them out. It's not unusual for her to read a word or two over my shoulder now. Guess I better watch what I'm reading!
She got accepted into St. Aloysius. She did fantastic on her readiness test. I wasn't surprised, but it was a nice reinforcement of our thoughts that the teachers and academic structure at Kayfield is well worth our expense.
Mia has asked to get her ears pierced. I always said I would not do it until she came to me and wanted it done and that has happened. We are scheduled to go tomorrow after gymnastics. We'll see if she goes through with it!
I'm also going to take her tomorrow to a stable to see my friend's daughter's horse. Mia doesn't know yet but I think she will love it. She loves her big stuffed horse, so I can't wait to see how she acts with a real one!
Mia has lost two teeth now. The tooth fairy gave her $5 for her first tooth and $1 for her second tooth. They were her two bottom teeth. I thought it was pretty early to be losing them, as she was still 4 when they came out. But a couple other kids in her class have lost them too, so I guess it's okay. Her dentist didn't seem to think it was unusual.
I am absolutely overjoyed about my relationship with Mia these days. I love this age!! She's so fun and clever and we really have a wonderful time together. She continues to be a snuggle bug and my favorite time is when we are cuddled up in bed together each night. Some nights we watch cartoons, some nights we read. It's also a good time for me to reinforce all the things I love about her and I tell her every night how smart she is, how funny and sweet. I will always do everything I can to boost my girls' confidence in themselves and give them the security that they are loved and appreciated for who they are.





No comments:
Post a Comment