Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Handful

  • Yesterday on the way home from school Mia told me she was sad that I hit her hand when she bit me. In shock, I asked when did I hit her, and when did she bite me?? She said, "You hit my hand today because I bit you." I said, "Mia, you didn't bite me, and I definitely didn't hit you." She yelled, "Yes you did! And I'm so sad."
  • I knew she was telling me one of the many stories her active little imagination has begun to fabricate. Definitely a creative one, that girl. So I tried to change the subject from the biting/hitting story by asking her what she had for lunch. Her reply? Poop. I said, "Really. That sounds good. What color was it?" She said, "Pink." I said, "Oh, how pretty! What does poop taste like?" She replied, "Syrup. We got it at McDonald's." I told her I hadn't been to McDonald's in awhile, but I'd be sure to look for it on the menu next time I stopped in. I asked her if she wanted poop again for dinner or if pizza would be okay. She preferred the pizza.
  • Tonight Mia did not want to go to bed. She wanted to stay up and play her Elmo game on the computer. She ended up having a complete meltdown and SCREAMED for 30 minutes. I finally just put her in her bed and left her in there because my ears were hurting. When I left she started screaming, "No Mommy! No Mommy! No Mommy!" When I did not respond that turned into, "Somebody help me! Somebody help me!!!" This girl has some serious pipes on her. I'm sure the police will be called on us one day.
  • As you may have guessed from Mia's comments about her lunchtime cuisine, Mia and her school friends are completely obsessed with words like booty, poop, doody, butt, etc. I had thought it was pretty harmless until Carol reported that she and Mia were out the other day and ran into Carol's ex-boss, Mr. Sexton. Carol asked Mia if she remembered him. My little angel replied, "Yes. Hi butt-crack."

No comments: