Sunday, August 8, 2010

Imagination at work

Mia's imagination has really started taking off. She loves to pretend now. Yesterday she came out and felt my head, told me I felt hot and she needed to take me to the doctor. She took my hand in hers and said, "Come on Mommy. We need to go to the doctor." She took me to her toy room and had me lay on the floor. She used her fairy wand to take my temperature under my arm, then when she determined I had a fever, she put a puzzle piece on my forehead. A little later she took it off and asked me if I felt better. I said I did, so she "poured" me some "tea" and told me to drink it. I ended up going to the store last night to get her a doctor kit to help in her newfound profession.

Later, when Mike and I were both in the living room, she pulled out her rocking chair to face us and told us it was circle time. She opened her book, which wasn't a story but was a baby book of first words. She opened it to the picture of a scooter and started "reading", "Once upon a time there was one scooter..." When she was finished with the story we all sang songs. She is a great teacher!

At nap time we cuddled up together in my bed to watch the Little Mermaid. At one point she pulled the covers up over our heads and told me we were in the ocean like Ariel. She thought that was funny, and I did too. She's very clever and I'm in heaven watching her creativity take form.

No comments: