Saturday, August 7, 2010

Fertility Update

Last month Mike and I met with one of my docs at work, a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, for a second opinion on our fertility journey. The biggest difference in his recommendation from what we've gotten before is that he believes we've not been waiting long enough after each loss before trying again. He said we should wait at least six months between attempts. He recommended heparin shots while trying to conceive and while pregnant to avoid blood clots. He thinks we should do a laparoscopy to rule out endometriosis, which our current RE recommended as well. So we'll probably try that. Basically we'll wait until January, do another round of shots with all the additional support medications, and if that doesn't work, we'll probably proceed with adoption. I'll use these next few months to lose some of the weight I've gained from the pregnancies, hormones and depression, and to focus back on the wonderful child I've already been blessed with.

No comments: