There have been many times over Mia’s lifetime that I’ve looked at her and found myself choking back sobs, typically when she gives me a sweet smile or tells me she loves me. Sometimes it’s just how she nestles up against me, or says, “Hold you Mommy”. Those times make me realize how greatly and completely I love her, and the emotion overtakes me with such force that I nearly cry. The older she gets, the more often it seems to happen, I guess because she’s able to express herself more now. When she wraps her arms around me and says, “I wuv YOU!”, when she pats my cheeks and gives me a kiss, when she spells "M-I-A, Mia!! M-I-A, Mommy!!" or when she just wants to snuggle in my lap, the way my heart swells for her can take my breath away. I never could have imagined the depth of my love for her, and I’m so blessed to have her in my life.
We had such a fun weekend together. Friday night we had girls night. She sat in my lap while we ate dinner, then we made Jiffy Pop popcorn and snuggled on the couch, eating it while we watched Shrek. Saturday morning Margo, Grant and Macee came over. The girls played for awhile, then we went to our neighborhood yard sale. Mia found something to play with at nearly every house. We came home with a new “Buzz Buzz”, her first piggy bank, and a seat to pull her on our bikes.
After the yard sale we got Mia’s second haircut. She was so good! She sat still the whole time (I fed her goldfish to keep her occupied) and now she has an adorable little inverted bob haircut, just like her mommy! Afterward we all got lunch, then she went to Granny and Grumpy’s to spend the night.
Yesterday Mike and I blew up her gigantic “baby” pool. We put it on the deck and Jaime and Chloe came over and played for awhile. Mia idolizes Chloe so that made her day. Later, Mommy and Daddy got in with Mia and we played with her dolls.
Last night there were more storms. The lightening and thunder were non-stop and Mia was terrified. I have never seen her shake with fear like that before. However, in the midst of her fear she didn’t want to hide under the covers or cling to us, she wanted us to open the door so she could see the lightening and hear the thunder up close. On one hand it was awful to see her so scared that she trembled, but it was amazing to see how brave she was, facing her fears like that! I have no idea if that’s an early indication of that particular character trait or not, but if it is, I’m in awe of that girl. She’s always been persistent, even as a baby, not giving up when she gets frustrated and continually tackling problems from new angles until she solves them. If she is also the type of girl who will face her fears head-on…well, my mind is just spinning with possibilities of the type of amazing and adventurous life my little girl could create for herself!
No comments:
Post a Comment