Monday, September 14, 2009

My Big Girl!

Miss Mia has had a very eventful week. She successfully gave up her paci. It was a rough three nights, night three being the worst. It took me 45 minutes to get her to stop screaming and fall asleep. I eventually just had to leave the room and let her cry. But she slept well all three nights. By Saturday night she fell asleep in 90 seconds, and last night it was about two minutes. Mamaw Carol gave her two Cabbage Patch dolls (one of whom Mia named Bob) and I got her a pillow and silky blanket to cuddle with, and those seem to help. She slept 12 hours last night. I can’t remember the last time that happened, so I am VERY happy we made the change.

Last week Mia also had her 18 month check up. She got two shots, plus her flu shot and didn’t make much of a fuss at all. She now weighs 24 lbs 10 oz (50%) and is 34 inches long (95%)! Her feet have grown rapidly too. Two months ago I bought her all new shoes in size 4. Mom and I had her measured on Saturday and she is a 6 ½! She now needs 24 month sizes for length, although she swims in them because she’s so thin. I’m not sure how she stays so thin because she is constantly eating!

Yesterday Mike and I took her to the zoo. She loved it!! She really liked the rhinoceros, giraffes and gorillas. She also had fun at the petting zoo and seeing the snakes. She really loved anytime she could walk herself, because she’s far too independent to want to sit in that stroller! We also watched her Elmo video three times yesterday and she played contently by herself with her puzzle and mega blocks. Today is Grandparents’ Day at school, so Mamaw and Papaw Robbins and Nana and Papa Wilson will come to visit. I’ll post pictures later.

No comments: