Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day




Happy Independence Day! We're at home right now, looking out at the cloudy sky and hoping it doesn't rain on Mia's first fireworks experience tonight.

Our silly girl has been extremely entertaining this weekend. She's talked to her grandparents on the phone. She's been spouting off new words like turkey, kick (she kicks her feet out when she says this) and duck (while watching Donald Duck). She removed my socks so she could color my feet with her crayons. She also tried to put on my socks and put her shoes on my feet.

Her finest moment was this morning when I noticed her grabbing the front of her diaper. I asked her if she had to pee pee and wanted to get on the potty. She said yes, so off we went to the bathroom. I removed her diaper and sat her on the potty. Next thing I know, she goes pee pee in there! I was amazed. She was very nonchalant about it, as though she does this all the time. Maybe it's a fluke, or maybe it's the start of potty training. I'll know to look out for it now.

I've added pictures of her with the pig at Lynn's Paradise Cafe last weekend, and playing in the neighbors' yard while staying with Granny and Grampy yesterday.

1 comment:

USAIDAddress Unknown said...

RJ did the same with the potty a couple months back, but it has proven to be a fluke for us at this point . .. hope it's the start of something good for you guys!! :) Good luck!! :)