Sunday, May 24, 2009

Fun with Mia





  • Mia's new words this week are good girl, car and baby. Car sounds more like "gar" and baby sounds more like "beebee". But we get her drift.
  • She likes to show off her knowledge of human anatomy. When asked, she will point to her head, hair, ear, eyes, nose, mouth (she likes to stick out her tongue for that one), hands (she holds out her hand and waves), belly, legs, feet (she stomps her feet) and toes. 
  • This morning Mike and I looked over to find Mia teaching her best friend (Reese) about anatomy as well. Mia was sitting in front of Reese with one finger on her own eye and another finger on Reese's eye and she was saying "eyes, eyes". 
  • I'm no longer NaNa, but Mama. Mia loves to say Mama over and over. This morning Mike got up with her but I woke up because she was standing on the couch yelling down the hall "Mama! Mama!" I will call back "Mia, Mia" in between her "Mama, Mama" (Mama Mia, Mama Mia).
  • Mia likes to dance, and she really likes to turn in circles. I think she likes that it makes her dizzy.
  • I give her a spoon for just about every meal, sometimes she uses it, sometimes not. Sometimes she scoops up the food with the spoon, sometimes she uses her hands to put the food on the spoon. She turns the spoon over to put the food into her mouth, and most of it falls off. But she'll learn!
  • She's a talker! She loves to jabber and has great conversations with herself, her toys, the dogs and anyone else who will listen.
  • She also likes to climb. She will climb on anything so we really have to watch her. She likes to climb up on something, stand up and clap for herself.

No comments: